“If I am not for myself, then who will be for me? And if I am only for myself, then what am I? And if not now, when?”

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Cursed....!! :(

Yess...u guys read it correctly!
...................I am CURSED when it comes in term to shoes.
Every year I have to buy a pair of winter and summer shoes...worse than that is they all DIE at the end of the season. I take responsibility of their death :) ..but not entirely...It's basic "capitalism". They make a product that is cheap enough for the "mango people" like us to afford, using materials and labour that are guaranteed to fail, thus ensuring that you need to buy more of said product within a year or so. Today's 'throwaway' society makes me deeply unhappy...

Essentially, the strategy to adopt is the same as the Aristocracy used to use: buy something very expensive, which will last a lifetime, and you'll never have to replace it. Therefore you save money :) :)

But being a STUDENT...ahem ahem, m not left with any money most of the time! Guess u all agree with me on this one ;)


I've even killed "Woodland" ... They were starting to go at the back, the uppers parting company with the soles, and that's exactly what happened with them. To both.

Its a really big topic for my friends to laugh at....wat else can I do :D

4 comments:

  1. hey yeh..very true..i agree on ur perspective towards throwaway society ..but i feel that, this throwaway society has some advantage also...
    well c...u wer a pair of shoes which are very expensive and will last for years..but eventually u get bored by using them.. and throw them anywayz..i know wat i am talkin make little sense but its a fact..baki i like the way u hav expressed ur thoughts..

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah...i convince myself wid these very words n get along.....hehehe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :D...cursed in terms of shoes..:D
    waise i too agree with da above flow of thoughts..;)
    u get to have new shoes everytime...

    ReplyDelete
  4. same here di.....
    i am also cursed in case of winter shoes....:(

    ReplyDelete