“If I am not for myself, then who will be for me? And if I am only for myself, then what am I? And if not now, when?”

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The kind I hate....

Complaints, complaints, complaints.

With the paper they get after paying 5 Rs. at the counter they tell you everything from runny nose to headache to feverish feeling that they have killed with the magic drug namely paracetamol, to even the cut they had at the tip of their index finger....2 months ago. Well, Ahem...I'm not saying they lie. I'm saying...How much of these expectations?! For 2 weeks I'm having a practice of scribbling pain killers apparently.

A friend of mine rightly said ..."You'll be fine. You are a good doctor. Just keep prescribing Vicks action 500 to every alternate patient!" =D

There are different kinds of patients I can actually categorize into. There are these really ill sorts, some can actually give you a decent history, some keep telling you how the other doctor they have been to has been an ass. Then there is also the kind who really isn't ill but has a train of people to accompany them or hell what it feels like from this side of the table is how they wanna give you a look for every hick up that hasn't been cured! ....By me.

Then comes the kind I hate. Yes, all I can do is...hate.

They come in and say...."Madam, I think I have TB!"

Me- O really?! Why don't we switch our places and you sit in my seat whereas I'll list your complaints since you've already stated the diagnosis!
And once we've done that...we can flip a coin deciding who gets the treatment!!
You really wanna do that now?? Huh?!

No comments:

Post a Comment