“If I am not for myself, then who will be for me? And if I am only for myself, then what am I? And if not now, when?”

Sunday, April 22, 2012

So my taste buds are reviving themseleves from illness, hence Mom and I decided to give them some treat on this lousy Sunday evening. Made a plan and went on to make one of the tastiest, yummiest Chicken biryani ever made in this house!


So imagine this day where we both are busy in our respective works of reading or stitching something. All silent. We don't really talk much these days and I don't blame her for that. I've been a little in my own world lately. But more of that some other time.
So yea, at around 8:30 when she asked if I had any plans for dinner. And since I had none, I suggested some fruits with a cup of ice cream will do for me! She smiled and reminded me of my 2 week long illness. Ugh, ahem...yea who would know better than me.
She came up with the idea of biryani that she saw on TV and wants to try it. I readily agreed knowing that it was a joint project and that I will in no way be forced to do it alone.
And there we were, dicing onions and boiling rice and checking the tenderness of chicken. The kitchen was on fire for an hour!
I went out and got some mango ice cream and Bingo!!
A perfect evening with perfect food n perfect dessert .
Oh ...I love how still my fingers smell of it as I type. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment