“If I am not for myself, then who will be for me? And if I am only for myself, then what am I? And if not now, when?”

Friday, May 18, 2012

Broken string

It's been long since I've written something. Long enough for you to think I'm gone.

When I come to think of it...I've been loosing up on many things.

It's been long since I've heard her voice. The one whom I lost to the weirdest realm of life from where no one returns.

It's been long I sat together, holding hands and laughing about the stupidest thing around.

It's been long I told someone how much I love them. Holding each other in the darkest nights, saying goodbyes.

It's been long I've thought about roaming around European cities or coming up with a new one to add up to the list.

It's been long waking up with a bad dream in tears and having someone to hear it out.

Long back when I felt I had everything, almost everything, when faith in someone powerful was much more stronger, when my beliefs weren't tarnished with time, when calling out for a friend meant right across my laptop, when our kitchen was filled with smoke owing to my cooking or burning let's say followed by some great jokes about the same, when any injustice to others prickled me with adrenaline, when I actually read newspapers every damn day...when any fight would dissolve with a shrug and smile....all that over time has unceremoniously died.

Nothing is over.
No one is dead yet.

But life goes on like the puppet with a broken string. No matter what I try.
Every single breath of happiness is followed by days of waiting...waiting for some sad news.

When on confused nights like this, I look at my life, small things look bizarrely large.

It's like staring at a picture until the features blurred & ran together, something familiar turned frightening, something known turned mysterious & changed.....& very far away.

....are you reading my lines??

No comments:

Post a Comment