“If I am not for myself, then who will be for me? And if I am only for myself, then what am I? And if not now, when?”

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Here we go again

After days of resisting myself from getting annoyed at things or let's call it...unavailability of resources here, I feel fractured enough already, and I'm reluctant enough to deform it any further!

So ..here we go.

One fine morning, after a few patients at the orthopedics dept., one patient came back with my prescription saying a certain drug isn't available at the hospital store. It was Diclofenac.
For those of you who don't know, it's a pain killer, most commonly prescribed and not to forget, the cheapest!

There I was thinking of replacing it with something on the hospital drug list...and I thought...Why isn't THIS available. I mean every doctor prescribes it to every other patient.
Fine. Peace with it.

A few minutes later one more patient returned saying the 'bandages' aren't available for a POP cast!
Alright. That was the end of my patience.

A patient comes to me. Broken. I prescribe him a pain killer and a POP cast along with other things. But isn't this the basic thing expected?? I mean....they don't have medicines, they don't have bandages, so how m I supposed to heal? With my smile? or with the "magical touch" of my hands?!!
Okay...at least then, for once, explain....Why are we asked to sit there and examine patients?? huh?!
Sitting there I have potentially scintillating conversations with patients and colleagues and with Myself.

This internship.
Flash in the pan? Life-changing experiance? Remains to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment